PitStop is seeking a reliable Facilities Coordinator to join our team to organise the day to day management of facilities and maintenance related matters on site. The successful applicant will have a good understanding of the requirements of a large building’s general maintenance and will work well as part of a team. The role will be in collaboration with our Office Manager, Office Coordinator, Maintenance Officer, IT Support Technician, and the Building Caretaker, and will report directly to the Head of Operations.
We are an independent audio service provider for the fast-paced and ever-evolving, video games industry. We are looking to ensure that our building is maintained to the highest standards as the business grows. As we also have tenants, it is essential that the successful candidate will be able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to maintain the usual smooth operation of businesses within PitStop’s buildings.
You will be supporting a team of 100+ passionate creatives based in South Yorkshire and London, across the Voice, Sound Design, Music and Visual departments who are working on a huge range of video game titles from Indie to AAA, so they can deliver amazing audio content to our worldwide clients across the videogames industry.
This role is ideal for someone with experience but looking to grow their skills alongside the growth of the business, as we scale our team and office space. This is an exciting new position in the company, to meet the needs of the business as it grows. Therefore, proactivity and initiative is required, however, for the right candidate, external training opportunities and certifications will be provided where required.
This exciting opportunity would suit someone who is passionate about working in the videogames industry, self motivated, highly organised and enjoys a challenge. You will be the first point of contact for any maintenance and facility related enquiry, playing a crucial role in maintaining the efficiency of the businesses, so a friendly face and a warm smile is a real must! If you are a proactive problem-solver with a thirst for a new challenge and a can-do attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
- We are an independent audio production team running multiple projects worldwide.
- Over the past 25+ years, we have grown our reputation and team, making us renowned for delivering reliably high-quality work.
- We are on an exciting business growth journey
- We have a friendly and supportive team, who have built up a culture of really looking out for each other
- We encourage collaborative working and sharing of skill sets across all levels.
- Ownership of the site issue reporting process
- Coordinating and overseeing day-to-day facility operations.
- Managing maintenance schedules, repairs, and improvements
- Ownership of Environmental and Waste workstreams and activities and provide information for PitStop’s Net Zero plan
- Collate and one-off and ongoing costs to report to the Finance Manager (required for service charge allocations)
- Collaborating contractors by maintaining regular communication with suppliers and clients to ensure timely updates.
- Identifying cost-saving opportunities and efficiencies.
- Maintain all records relating to inspections, tests, maintenance and repair to meet legal compliance at all times
- Monitoring workflows and general management of the maintenance being carried out.
- Maintaining a list of trusted suppliers and subcontractors for all areas of building maintenance
- Manage subcontractor compliance certificates and the on-boarding process.
- Obtain quotes and issue formal instructions to contractors.
- Deal with all incoming reactive maintenance requests
- Keep up to date with changes in energy regulation and industry standard best practice.
- Collaborate with IT in managing the asset list of equipment (required for PAT testing)
- Be the first point of contact for occupants and tenants within PitStop’s buildings
- Knowledge and experience working in property services/facilities management
- Previous Experience in scheduling contractors’ workload by priority
- Experienced in various aspects of Health & Safety (e.g., Risk Assessments, Method Statements, COSHH, etc.)
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of Fire Warden/Marshal duties.
- Awareness of Legionella testing process and reporting
- Managed tenants in a commercial environment
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualification or equivalent
- Have IWFM level 3 award or working towards.
- Great at relationship-building, with both internal/external stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of MS, Word, Excel, Outlook, Google sheets and docs
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities effectively and prioritise tasks efficiently to meet deadlines
- A proactive and resourceful approach to tackling challenges, seeking innovative solutions
- Enthusiastic learner
- Car driver, and access to own car for business purposes is essential
- Collaborative culture within a team with a wealth of knowledge to share
- Generous holiday allowance increasing with length of service
- Relocation package
- Bonus scheme
- Finder’s fee commission on projects
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible working policy
- Pension contributions
- Personalised career development
- Company funded social events / nights out / team meals
- Regular games nights / tournaments
- Access to acoustically treated recording studios / creative spaces
- Enhanced sick pay
- Access to company paid Health Cash Plan
- Mental health and wellbeing support through an Employee Assistant Program
- Discounted gyms and shopping
- Holiday closure at Christmas
- Company work phone will be provided
Working hours: 20-25 hours, part-time permanent contract, with the potential to be made full time as the business grows.
Working pattern to be agreed upon acceptance of the role, over a minimum of 3 days per week to include Monday and Friday, with normal working hours between 9am and 6pm.
Salary: £30,000 per annum, dependent on experience (full-time equivalent).
This position will be held at our South Yorkshire HQ in Dodworth, Barnsley. This is a fully in-office position, so please ensure you are willing to commute or relocate in order to attend the office.
We’re an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate to: firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring the email subject is “Facilities Coordinator”.